One of the biggest shocks to many Windows users was the disappearance of the start button on Windows 8. That ubiquitous tool that everyone was used to had suddenly disappeared and many of them were confused and angry about the change. They were very vocal about their opinions too! Windows 8 was intended to be used not only on desktop computers and laptops, but also on tablets and phones, so it morphed into a more “touch friendly” interface which required some drastic designs changes than the previous versions.
As it normally happens in these cases, there was no going back on Microsoft part and users had to get used to Windows 8 having no start button. They did get Microsoft to include a sort of conceptual menu in Windows 10, but that’s a whole other story.
StartIsBack crack is an application that integrates with Windows to give you back the start button and taskbar that you miss so much. You can try it for free or just buy it directly from the official website for a very low price.
Key Features of StartIsBack++ 2.8.5
- You will get the Windows 7 start menu back.
- Do all the things that you used to do with the start menu like a search for files, launch programs with just one click, get access to recently used documents, and much more.
- It’s a very light application, it doesn’t consume a lot of resources.
- There are versions available for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
- On Windows 10 you can choose a skin for the start menu and also one for the taskbar.
- Configure the start menu, make it work like the one on Windows XP (if that’s what you want).
The price depends on the number of PCs you want to install the software on. It’s as easy as using your credit card or a PayPal account to make the payment and you’ll receive your license key in a few minutes over e-mail. There are two kinds of licenses: for personal use and for businesses:
|Type of license||Number of PCs||Price (USD)|
|Business Edition||10 – 300||30.00 – 480.00|
|400 – 2,000||600.00 – 2,000.00|
As you can see, when it comes to personal licenses, you can go from a single user to a family pack. Also, the total price of the Business Edition depends on how many PCs will be using the software. There are some other price ranges not shown here, so if you’re interested in a business license you should probably head to the program’s official site and check out all the available options.
As we mentioned before, this is a very lightweight program that doesn’t require a lot of hardware resources. One thing you should have though is Windows 8 or later installed.
- It fully integrates with Windows and it consumes very little resources.
- Brings back two of Windows features that you have missed since you updated to Windows 8.
- It’s not pricey, you can get it for a very low price.
- As it happens with this kind of tools, they can become kind of a security issue. There are some sites around offering cracks, so be careful not to download a gateway to your personal data.
If you’re one of the angry users that complaint about that major change on Windows 8 interface, you will certainly like an opportunity to bring the start button and start menu back. It wasn’t an easy adaptation to many, especially those in business environments, who said that Microsoft had only taken into account its mobile users and had neglected to consider those who used their operating system as a productivity tool and also those who didn’t own a touchscreen.
Whatever the case, someone got to work and developed StartIsBack as an alternative to having to adapt to the tiles and new kinds of menus. A simple download and installation process (that doesn’t even require you to have administrative rights) will give you not only what the name offers, but also you will be able to customize the start menu and taskbar as you please so they will be more visually appealing and tailored to your specific needs.
There’s a free trial version available, so you’ve got nothing to lose. Just go to their official site and give a try.